EK Translations | General Terms and Conditions
EK Translations (ABN 40 817 346 791) with registered office at 18 Logan St, North Booval Qld 4304, Australia, provides translations, post-editing, proofreading and transcriptions (hereinafter “translations”) produced according to your instructions, from a source text provided by you.
1. General – Pricing, Payments, Delivery
- Our written quotations remain valid for 30 days. They are based on your description of the source material and your instructions. The quotation might be amended if the source material differs from your description. However, our quotations are not binding until you place an order and we give you a written order confirmation.
- Unless otherwise stated, prices are in Australian Dollars, exclusive of GST. Prices include the cost of regular postage within Australia. Express, registered or overseas postage will be added to the translation fee at cost price.
- For orders above $500 we reserve the right to require a deposit of 50% of the fee and/or invoicing in instalments for volumes above 10,000 source words. Delivery of larger translations may also be in instalments.
- For rush orders (e.g. 24 hours or less for 1000 words) we reserve the right to add an express fee of 25% of the total amount of the invoice.
- Invoices are payable within 7 days of receipt of the translation. Our invoice will list details of the payment options available (direct transfer (preferred)/PayPal/cash deposit/cheque/money order).
- We reserve the right to adjust quotations in currencies other than Australian Dollars up or down if there are substantial fluctuations in the exchange rate at the time of invoicing.
- We reserve the right to charge administrative fees (25% of invoice amount after 60 days) and/or daily calculated interest on late payments.
- Reprints of a translation already provided to you by us will incur an administrative fee of $5 per page, discounted fees for larger volumes are at our discretion.
- Barring any unforeseen circumstances and/or circumstances beyond our control, we will endeavour to send the translations by the date specified in the acceptance of order/quote. We will inform you if the deadline cannot be met by us. A delay in delivery does not mean that you are entitled to reject delivery, cancel your order with us or avoid paying the agreed fee. We expressly repudiate any liability for consequences of any delay or failure to deliver by the stipulated date in any form. We are not responsible if the translation is lost or damaged due to faulty delivery by postal or electronic services.
2. Responsibilities and Liabilities
- We will carry out the work with all due care and reasonable skill, according to industry standards.
- We will adhere to the Code of Ethics as set out by AUSIT (Australian Institute of Translators and Interpreters) and which can be found on their website ausit.org. This shall also apply to any subcontractors used by us from time to time in the provision of translation services.
- We will provide the translations according to your instructions and industry standards; however, we cannot guarantee that it will meet your specific requirements. We will, however, endeavour to assist you with any modifications if you decide to amend your instructions. The fee for this will be negotiated on a case by case basis.
- Our liability is limited to the price payable by you to us for our services and does not extend to any loss of profit, business, reputation, goodwill, anticipated savings or any other type of loss or damage you incur.
- If you are dissatisfied with a translation provided by us, you must contact us within 30 days of delivery of the translation, so we can rectify any genuine inaccuracies or mistakes to our satisfaction or offer explanations. This does not entitle you to delay payment for the said translation.
- You must not submit to us as source material anything of an obscene, blasphemous or libellous nature and anything that infringes on third party IP rights.
- We accept your source material in good faith. You must, in turn, indemnify us from any liability in connection with using the material you have provided to us and grant us license to store and use this material so we can provide the required translation service to you.
- You accept these concise T&C as set out in this document.
- You may not use or disclose our confidential information and we will not use or disclose yours unless we are required to do so by law or in order to provide the translations through a subcontractor who is also bound by this confidentiality ruling. We abide by the confidentiality rules as set out in the AUSIT Code of Ethics.
- The timeframe of this confidentiality ruling extends beyond the immediate order between our company and you.
The above terms are subject to change without prior notice and are governed by Australian law.
For more details on the above, termination of this contractual relationship, data protection, arbitration or enforceability of these provisions, please contact us for our comprehensive T&C.
If you would like a copy of these T&C in German, please let us know.